I feel so honored! Jeannine of Small and Chic in Cville has given me this award. Thanks so much Jeannine! She and I live in the same small city in Virginia but have yet to meet in person. She has a great blog about "adapting big design ideas to fit an 800 foot square condo." And she actually does things to her home, as opposed to my idea of decorating: leafing through shelter mags and drooling over blog posts.
Here are the rules I must follow, upon receiving this award:
1. Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2. Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encourage me.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
Ten Honest Things About Me
1. I worry way too much. (You name it, I worry about it....but money is probably my number 1 consistent worry.)
2. My bed is my favorite place and my refuge.
3. I fight with my hair every day. I have "big" hair that is neither curly nor straight and the higher the humidity, the bigger my hair. I have not yet found the right hair product(s) to make my hair behave.
4. I *love* going to the movies. It is a whole movie-going experience for me. I am glad that my husband enjoys them just as much as I do. (This being husband #2. #1 didn't like going to the movies).
5. I believe I am officially addicted to coffee. And I don't care.
6. I like music from the 1940's.
7. I'm more city than country -- given the opportunity, I'd live full time in the city and have a country place to visit!
8. My house and my wardrobe don't look a thing like the pictures I post. I guess it's all about Progress, and not Perfection.
9. I like to watch surgery shows on TV. (The *plastic* surgery shows are my favorite but I love watching any surgery. So, whatever happened to Dr. 90210?)
10. Shoes are my weakness - the last time I was in Nordstrom's shoe section, I actually felt my pulse increase and I got a little sweaty.
Here are my picks for the Honest Scrap Award:
(It was hard to narrow it down to just 7!!)
1. If the Lampshade Fits - Raina is Inspiring, Encouraging, Funny!, Truthful, and beyond Smart!!!
2. My Favorite and My Best - love her sense of humor and her sense of design
3. tailortaste - I'm not sure how she does all she does....people like K.T. amaze me.
4. dress, design, and decor -- Daniella finds the most amazing photos to post. Her style is gorgeous.
5. Design Crisis - Talent out the yin-yang!!
6. The NEO-traditionalist - classic with an edge (and great "quotes of the day")
7. Petunia Face - It's all about her writing. At times tear-jerkingly honest and raw, most of the time just fricken hilarious!!
(OK - so I'm breaking the rules; deal with it....)
8. The Bottom of the Ironing Basket -- Simone lives in London. Her blog is what I want my blog to be when it grows up. (and I love the tag-line to her title: "the day to day story of a girl who wants to do better")
Oh God, I hate this. I hate leaving anyone out. Let's just say that if you're on my blog list, I don't get through the day without reading your posts; thanks for making my world that much better.