- 1 1/4 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced, or 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peach slices, thawed
- 2 (5.6 oz.) containers fresh blackberries, picked over
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup blanched, almonds, finely sliced, chopped or ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, lemon peel, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Distribute evenly in baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, almonds, salt and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle in an even layer over fruit.
Set baking dish onto a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any juice that might bubble over. Bake until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.