Friday, July 3, 2009

wee wee wee...all the way home








Three years ago, when he was 7, my youngest son declared he would no longer be eating "pig". He was fascinated with pigs and said he did not want to eat them because they were "cute". He would always ask, "is this pig?" when a meat was served that he couldn't readily identify. I was amazed at his resolve through the weeks, then months, then *years* of his no pork diet. Surely a kid raised in two meat-eating households would buckle.
So I was quite surprised when he recently told me he ate pork during the week at his dad's. He gave no reason why when I asked. He said, "I don't know, I just did." It was a sad day for me. This marked some kind of milestone in my mind. I'm not sure what sort of milestone, but it clearly was the end....of something.
Sigh.
The Telegraph is showcasing a new book by Andy Case. It is a collection of pig portraits. Today's post is in honor of my youngest, who went a really long time without eating "pig".
{photos by Andy Case}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...