Wednesday, July 15, 2009

renovation price-tag


$39 million

Three years and $39 million later, Nemours Mansion and Gardens, is open! Located in Wilmington, DE and built by the "rebel" Alfred I. du Pont, the estate finally is "for the pleasure and benefit of the public" as stipulated in his will.

{The gardens seem to be well thought-out and gorgeous, yes, BUT, if you click on the slide show in the article, take a close look at that "porch furniture." With a $39 million budget, I think even I could have come up with something more fitting. What do *you* think?}
photo: The Washington Post

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out but OUCH! That's pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...