Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Little Mermaid Doesn't Know the Words to 'O Tannenbaum'


Call me a traditionalist, but I do not like this "Christmas Tree."


Again this year, Claridge's hotel in London has turned over the Christmas Tree design reigns to John Galliano.



"For 2010, Galliano has created a truly dazzling design, using the ocean as his muse for his “Under the Sea” Christmas tree. Made of sparkling silver leaves, pink coral, sea horses, fish, anemones, starfish and jelly fish, this whimsical design is truly one of a kind."

I get the whimsy, I get the beauty of this as a sculpture; but not as a Christmas Tree.
Maybe after the holidays they'll ship it  HERE, to this hotel, where it belongs.





6 comments:

  1. OK - laughed out loud when I hit the link - too funny!! But totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. design fail! OR, what xmas tree? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahaha! Loved the link, it totally goes there! Um, Christmas tree? What?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're kidding, right?? that's not a xmas tree - what are they thinking?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...